Friday, October 26, 2007

the tooth of the hound

I love houndstooth, so naturally, I fell in love with this houndstooth jacket dress from Jessica London.

Jessica London sells "fashions for sizes 14W to 34W" and as a result, some of their fashions can look matronly. I don't want to dress matronly, so I am careful what I buy from Ms. London.

Before I ordered the dress, I asked my girlfriend Patty what she thought about it and it turns out that she also loves houndstooth and thinks that the dress would look great on me. That convinced me and I ordered the dress yesterday.

Patty also suggested that I accessorize with knee-high boots or red patent leather pumps and a matching red patent leather bag. I have knee-high boots, red pumps and a matching red bag, but they are not patent leather. But I think they will do.

2 comments:

  1. I've admired the clothes in Jessica London, but they are fitted for *larger* women. At 6'5"/185 in stockinged feet, I don't qualify. I wear an 18T; I bought a cute suit from Jessica London but found that the top just hangs on me. I don't have the hips for the skirt either. What's a tall girl like me to do?

    Most of the catalog companies provide clothes for talls, but the selection is limited and too many of them stop at size 16! It has been a frustration for me for sooo long!

    I'm glad you can find good stuff online. Methinks I'll learn to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the dress will look as good on me as it does on the model in the photo. (I can dream, can't I?)

    ReplyDelete